You want your document to be clear and correct. You know that errors could make your reader doubt your credibility or even miss your point. But you don’t know all the intricacies of the English language, and you feel nervous about making small or large mistakes in your text.
Add to that: By the time you’ve revised your document 20 or 30 or 50 times, you aren’t looking for mistakes; you’re driving to closure and don’t want to find your mistakes. Or maybe you are stuck, infected with writer’s block, and can’t even get started.
I can help you as I have helped other authors. As a student of the English language all my life, I will bring my experience and education to your document:
- 31 years’ experience in medical, scientific, technical, and nonfiction copy editing
- 31 years’ experience in teaching in corporations and six years teaching in public schools and colleges (and prisons)
- Board certification as a medical editor by the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS)
- Essential Skills Certification (2010) and Concepts in Science and Medicine Certification (2013) from the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA)
- A PhD in English from the University of Minnesota
As your editor, I’ll explain my changes if you wish. I will also praise your excellent writing when I can. Above all, I will care as much as you do about making your document the best it can be.
- American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Associated Press Stylebook
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Press releases
- Training materials
- Website text
Please contact me to discuss your coaching or tutoring needs. I offer a free half-hour consultation to see if we could work together.
Please contact me about my editing services and I will supply editing samples not covered under nondisclosure agreements (NDAs).
Visit my LinkedIn profile.
Thanks, and best wishes for your project.