You’re done with writing!
However, after you have spent hours or days—or even years—developing and writing your document, you see only what you thought you wrote—not what you actually wrote. Is everything in your text complete, clear, consistent, concise, and correct?
Let me offer a second opinion on your good articles, documents, and book manuscripts and help craft them into polished, professional final products. I’ll perform meticulous copyediting and line editing to help you express yourself with clarity and precision. I’ll focus on improving the language, flow, structure, and conciseness of your writing.
Menu of my editing specialties
- Correcting errors and inconsistencies in punctuation, grammar, mechanics, spelling, tense, and style
- Removing redundant and repetitive language and converting passive voice to active voice where appropriate
- Suggesting sentence revisions and paragraph reorganization
- Checking and correcting references to equations, tables, figures, charts, citations, and appendices
Projects that I have loved
Cardiotext, Minneapolis MN
- Copyedited 2600‐page book manuscript, Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy by Frishman
Medtronic, Inc. Fridley MN
- Copyedited textbook chapter for publication (Elsevier)
- Copyedited clinical submissions
- Copyedited journal submissions for Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management division
- Created Style Conventions for Neuromodulation Division based on the AMA Manual of Style
Oregon Health & Science University―Curriculum Development Center
- Wrote and edited lecture slides and audio transcripts for healthcare technology
United Health Group, Eden Prairie MN
- Interim Managing Editor, Ingenix Pipeline Healthcare Project (now Optum Insight), 3 different contracts; created internal Style Conventions based on American Medical Association (AMA) Manual of Style
- Copyedited executive-level summaries of scientific and clinical information regarding emerging medical technologies, therapeutics, procedures, devices, drugs, vaccines, and standards of care.
Please view my capabilities statement to see the full range of my copyediting expertise.
Thanks for visiting! Contact me here if you think we could work together.