You want your document to be clear and correct. You know that errors could make your reader doubt your credibility. But you don’t know all the intricacies of the English language, and you feel nervous about making small or large mistakes in your text.
Add to that: By the time you’ve revised your document 20 or 30 or 50 times, you aren’t looking for mistakes; you’re driving to closure and don’t want to find your mistakes.
I can help you as I have helped other medical, scientific, technical, and nonfiction authors. As a student of the English language all my life, I will bring the following to your document:
- 29 years’ experience in medical, scientific, technical, and nonfiction copy editing
- Board certification as a medical editor by the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS)
- Essential Skills Certification (2010) and Concepts in Science and Medicine Certification (2013) from the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA)
- A PhD in English from the University of Minnesota
As your editor, I’ll explain my changes if you wish. I will also praise your excellent writing when I can. Above all, I will care about making your document the best it can be as much as you do.
- American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Associated Press Stylebook
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Press releases
- Training materials
Unfortunately, I have few samples of my editing work since most clients require nondisclosure agreements (NDAs). Please contact me and I will supply samples not covered under NDAs.